Marinated chicken skewers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10g ginger puree
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Seasoning sachet from noodle pack
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger puree
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 100g red cabbage, shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 80g sugar snap peas
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 pack Peanut and Sesame noodles
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Handful roasted peanuts, chopped
- Handful coriander, leaves only
Mix together the ingredients for the marinade then add the diced chicken. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Once marinaded, thread the chicken pieces onto 4 skewers. Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat and brush with oil. Lay the chicken skewers onto the pan and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the outside is charred and the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad by combining all the vegetables in a bowl then sprinkling over the salt. Use your hands to massage the salt into the vegetables until they start to soften. Cook and season the noodles as per the instructions on the pack then mix into the salad.
Make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients and mixing until smooth. Add water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Serve the noodle salad with the chicken skewers and a drizzle of the peanut sauce. Garnish with chopped peanuts, sliced spring onions and fresh coriander.